A Managing Partner at GGV Capital, Jeff joined the firm in 2008 after spending 13 years as an entrepreneur and operating executive in the US and Asia. Jeff focuses on the Internet, Software and Mobile sectors, and currently sits on the boards of BIG COMMERCE, Boxed, Percolate, Reebonz and Tile. Jeff led GGV’s investments in Appirio (acquired in 2016 by WiPro), BlueKai (acquired in 2014 by Oracle), Buddy Media (acquired in 2012 by Salesforce.com), Citrus Lane (acquired in 2014 by Care.com), Evolv (acquired in 2014 by Cornerstone OnDemand), Flipboard, HOTELTONIGHT, Quixey, SHIFTGIG, Spreecast, and Zylo, and is actively involved in GGV’s investments in Domo, Grab, Opendoor, Slack, Square and Wish. Prior to joining GGV, Jeff founded two software companies (R4, acquired by VeriSign, and QuantumShift) and spent three years as an executive at VeriSign. Jeff graduated from Dartmouth College, where he was a four year letterman on the varsity basketball team.
Jeff has been recognized as a member of the 2012 Venture Capital 100 by Always-On. Follow Jeff on Twitter at @jrichlive, or check out his LinkedIn profile for more.
Recent Articles and Appearances
- E-Commerce Bloodbath? We’re Swimming Against the Current.
- The WalMart Earnings Miss is a Cannon Shot for the Retail / CPG Industry by Jeff Richards
- Jeff Richards explains Wal-Mart's talent problem [video]
- Jeff Richards joins Bloomberg TV to discuss Alibaba's evolving e-commerce strategy [video]
- What the Square IPO signals for Silicon Valley [video]